Overnight Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
•Non-stick cooking spray
•2 large tart apples (such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady), chopped
•1 1/2 cups skim milk
•1 1/2 cups water
•1 cup whole grain oats
•3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
•2 tablespoons butter
•1 tablespoon cinnamon (more or less to your taste)
•2 tablespoons milled/ground flaxseed
•1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
•1/4 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries)
•1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans)
1. Spray a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine chopped apples, milk, water, oats, sugar, butter, and flax- stirring to combine.
3. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours (overnight).
4. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt into the oatmeal just before serving.
5. Can be served with additional toppings such as, 1 tablespoon dried fruit and 1 tablespoon chopped nuts serving.