Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) 1/3-less fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and saute the chopped onion for 3 minutes, until translucent. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add tomatoes and basil, bringing to a boil. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Place mixture in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Return to saucepan and stir in milk, salt and pepper. Return to medium-high heat and cook for 2 minutes. Serve with toasted bread or a sandwich, enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup • Calories: 173 • Fat: 9.3 g • Carbs: 15.9 g • Fiber: 1.7 g • Protein: 6.1 g • WW Points+: 5 pts